Friday, 1 October 2010

Hypertension.

Salam to all

3 days after taking 2mg/daily of prednisolone.. wake up to a dizzy morning, loya pon ada. Biasanya apabila berlaku perubahan ubat atau dos ubat, situasi ini akan muncul. Ada kalanya ok , ada jugak tak ok. Maksudnya, jika symptom ini berterusan, maka doctor akan meminta saya kembali ke ubat/ dos yg sebelumnya. It is all about try and error. Yg pasti, our aim is to reduce to the most minimal of the steroid and if possible; to substitute with another type of medicine.

Yesterday I went to visit a friend of mine who are now warded due to mild stroke. After 3 days, she is now feeling better and in almost normal condition. As a high blood sufferer, she is quite calm to be in this situation eventhou this incident really unexpected. She is now undergoing a few more tests to investigate the exact causes to the attack.

From what I am being told, there was no obvious sign prior to the attack. It was another person (her husband) happened to notice the weird changes (voice, face and movements). After the MRI scan , the doctors confirmed that one of the vein (somewhere inside the head) had burst. However, it would recover on its own sooner.

To have further knowlegde about high blood pressure, I link an article from this website.

This incident has also remind me when I was very ill due to Lupus. I wa also confirmed to have hypertension (220mmHg) at the time. It caused a very very very painful unexplained headache. Later, it was found that my kidney was affected by the Lupus thus cause the hypertension. After taking a few types of medication to treat the kidney, I then feeling better.

The ideal diet could also consider as an important factor. Some say no, but I would say Yes. Salty food is highly recommended to avoid. And the high calory food as well. From my experience, those who suffer hypertension is most advise to lower down their physical activities and have a very good rest until the blood reading back to normal. If the causes is known (kidney failure, heart problem, diabetes etc), the further treatment must be done first to the named causes.

See you soon very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment