Feeling relieved..! After 3 days waiting patiently for the internet connection to be settled, here I am again. This entry will be sharing my experience with malar rash.
I was in third year in university when I developed rashes on my face. Also known as butterfly rash. In my case,it didn't occur to any other part of my body. As a young lady, how you would feel meeting people with that kinda 'mark' on your face whereas it is not your birthmark? As I also developed a few other symptoms, it then lead to a proper investigation and finally I was confirmed with Lupus.
Unfortunately, I had not kept the image, but it was not much differ from what I can share here err..i mean the rash , ok .LOL


Malar Rash. Pehatikan ruam kelihatan pd bahagian pipi merentasi hidung. Bentuk tersebut seakan akan 'rama-rama'. That's why it also known as 'butterfly rash'.
So now, how does it happen? It's all about inflammation. Oppss..sorry, if I am going too far .. i understand not many of us really want to go into it. but at least it does give us a picture of this matter.
When inflammation activity occurs excessively, it may lead to the damage of tissue body. and this will result to this kind of rash. Perhatikan apabila kita digigit nyamuk, akan ada bintat merah di tmpt gigtan itu. Lama kelamaan ia akan hilang dan kita pon da tak rasa gatal2 kat tmpt tu. Itu sebenarnya normal reaction dari antibodi terhasil dari body utk heal tmpt kena gigit tu. Tetapi, in Lupus case, dimana antibodi telah menyerang sesama mereka dan tissue badan yg lain, ia bertukar menjadi horrible dan merosakkan lebih byk tisu badan. Cahaya matahari mengaruhkan lg aktiviti ini dan akhirnya merebak ke tisu organ dalaman penting yg lain spt buah pinggang, lung, nervous system, liver and blood vessel.
Hehe..itu penerangan ringkas yg mampu sy berikan. Kelihatan tunggang langgang, tp, hrp2 anda dpt mengikuti flow ayat2 di atas.
Tempoh mendpt rashes ni lama jugak la, mungkin berbeza dari rakan patient yg lain. Pernah sampai setahun setgh iaitu selepas melahirkan anak ke dua. Sebabnya,, sy berpanas..prektis netball la tu.. kui3. ok, that was my fault bcoz I tak pakai sunblock cream. so, i learnt from it.
Recently, i noticed that my daughter cheek appeared with rashes. OHHHH ..suddenly my thought was...OOHH pleasee no. I pray for it not to run down to my beloved angels; the boys and the girl. After a couple of time consultations with my GP, I relieved that she is confirmed safe and nothing to do with Lupus and the rashes disappeared a few days later. Alhamdulillah.
Dear friends; I am told that I'm in remission (free from the symptoms) and things just go so right for me at the moment. It has been about 6 years now. I am truly happy to hear that. Apart from that, my consultant also told that the illness is something like timebomb. I do accept that statement with open heart.
Till we meet again, I thank you for reading and following my writing. See you soon, very2 soon.
SLE mmg mcm tu.. dia akan baik pastu sakit, baik then sakit again.. for sure we have to continue take our meds and prevent from the sunlight =)
ReplyDelete