Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Feverism

Salam to alll.
Summer is at the best. No doubt I feel a bit emotional since yesterday..why..? coz I keep looking outside as if I could see something that I've been missing. A glance of my hometown. Malaysia. Rambutan trees, durian smell or kokokan ayam. May be..but nope, none of them exist in front of me except a typical sound from neighbourhood who are doing kinda refurbish work, summer house renovation. **sigh**

Yesterday, I noticed my lil one came back from school having a bit warm on her forehead and she complained of feeling dizzy. Surprisingly she urged me to send her to see doctor. Wow..how has she grown up now. Luckily, we do keep some medications. After 2 times consuming the paracetamol syrap with strawberry flavour, the temperature finally gone. This morning, she insisted to go to school and even told me that she would tell her teacher how her mum treated her fever and now feeling better:P

When daddy came home, together with his sons, they conquered the livingroom. All I can hear was the sound of shouting, screaming..." Goaall..oh no..nearly..". Next was, " argghhh..so close but u missed it!.." That is another fever. Football fever. Yeahh..World Cup is here, coincedence with our staying in UK. Kena jugak la tempias sikit2 tu. Advantage for them no need to wake up at 3am just to make sure they won't miss their fav team match. And disadvantage for us , the women; who being neglected thru out this feverism. Most of outing plan especially in the weeekend hv been called off. Ok, thax God it's only come in every 4 years.

Having high fever is another symptoms of Lupus. Noted that it is not a common one, but i could say that it's unexplained fever. In the morning I felt like having heavy dizzy, warm, feeling like to vommit. Disappeared after a few days and then came back a week later. I know something wasn't right, as its my body. Went to see doctor at university clinic but didn't get any better. Until I went back to my kampong (after finished examination for a long break) and had 'urine test' at one of private clinic. Still remember the moment she (a female doc) spoke gently to me.
" Saya akan tuliskan satu surat rujukan pd Hospital K Trg dan adik bole bawa surat berkenaan ke bahgian emergency secepat mungkin. Berdasarkan keputusan urine test ini, kami tidak mempunyai peralatan yang cukup untuk merawat adik..". Ok, terima kasih doktor. Honestly I didn't any strange feeling. Ok la, esok saya ke hospital.

On the way back from the clinic, kami sempat beli mee goreng basah untuk sama2 makan malam di rumah. Yang menghantar kami berempat ke klinik itu ialah ayah saudara saya, so, kira ucapan terima kasih utk beliau tolong hantar sy ke klinik. Walaupon berlaku 17 thn yg lalu, tp adegan mkn mee goreng basah bersama sama ini sungguh melekat dlm fikiran ni. So sentimental ;p. Following the urine test result, I just acted as usual...but they didn't take it as easy as I did."" sigh"" Mixture of feelings; worried, frightened or doubtful with what the doc said to me at the clinic?? I don't know why but can see from their face. All I thought was, ok, I'll go to hosp and just follow to what they (doctor) would say . Why I looked so relaxed and cool? One firm answer: because deeply in my mind I knew something seriously not on the right track and I must get into proper treatment. All that I wanted was to get rid off it. I knew that I might have a long stay at hosp. That's it.

Ermm...looking outside thru my window..again, arghhhh. Bright sunny day. How wonderful. Hehe..till we meet again, freinds, thank you for popping in. See u soo, very2 soon.

4 comments:

  1. sis! miss u so much...its been a year now...
    ingt lagi x last year saya g umah akak & jaga anak2 akak? heheheh..=)

    hope akak sihat jer kat sana..=)

    take care~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. fever.. my student slalu tnye time nk salam lepas abis mengajar

    "ticer, awat hari2 ticer demam?"

    haha.. kadang2 lawak pun ade.. tp it's normal bila lupus patient badan akan mcm panas kan? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eliii..;pp...mana bole lupa jasa baik eli kakak dtg umh tolong waktu kami memerlukan. U take care, may Allah reward u the best. Nak jumper eli kakak nnti kat Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin, take care. u know urself better , rite..!

    ReplyDelete