Salam to all
Everyone has left home at the moment, leaving me alone knocking the keyboard. Sitting comfortly on the big sofa in the living room, my body is keeping warm by the electric heater. As I could remember, the heater has been on heavy duty since the bad weather started to hit Sheffield and UK. And also the radiator (gas heater which is built onto the wall) has been started to on work since. That one is for drying our clothes. No other better option than to pay the higher bills during this winter :(
Well today, if I'm not mistaken, the 6th day the snowfall stop. But, what I can see outside is still a blanket of snow on the pavement, rooftops, fields and bushes. Just a bit different scenery compared to last week. The temperature thru out this week dropped so much , as low as -17C to -1C. It is clearly understand these extreme sub zero tempts contribute to the standstill snow. We 've got light shower since a couple of days ago, but it failed to bring any good. It becomes worse instead, now ice is everywhere.
Can you imagine walking on the ice.??!! This is the most fearful time. Unless I m able to skate on it. My eldest son told me that his class teacher had his ankle broken due to a fall on icy road a few days ago. So, he is now off from duty, and no homeworks for the whole class this week. Hah!
As the ice surface is hard and slippery; most people unable to walk steadily on it, thus it is obvioulsy dangerous action either to walk or run on it without extra cautions taken. There are people who use ski stick to assist their steps, and some use umbrella. I use either wellies or snow boots, but still it drives me to fall over at times. Even I ve known people also take extraordinarly effort to keep them safe while walking in ice, they put on woollie sock over their boot. Erghhh..cam ner tu? Pakai socks, then boot, then woollie socks. Well maybe, the woollie thingy will enhance the grit and make it less slippery.
Gitu lah, susah dan menderitanya kami di sini. Worse comes to worse , school need to close due to bad condition. Ok, that's what I like. !!
Why I am so trauma with the fall? The best answer is defenitely krn sy pernah jatuh dan akibatnya siku saya patah dan perlu jalani operation utk memasukkan besi di tmpt kecederaan. Mmg trauma dgn kwsn yg high posibility utk slipp or jatuh. W'pun the accident tu more than one year and I m now just fine, my elbow pun strong as it is used to be, but rs takut2 tu still ada. Bukan krn suffer on the injury, but it's just a feeling of trauma. Tmpt sy jatuh tu bknnya kat snow pon. It was actually summer time, kat basket ball concrete court. Hahaa.. now tahu la kan sy buat apa ms tu -:P
Sepanjang kecederaan tsbt, I did very well and everything went smooth. It toolk almost 3 month to total heal. Thanx to the treatment here. haha...rs x percaya plak ada wire besi kat siku kiri ku ini. haha!
Ok lah..that's all for now. Kita tunggu sj la biler citer snow ni akan berakhir.
Till then, see you soon very2 soon -:) Take extra care!!
No comments:
Post a Comment