Salam to all
Winter is evidently here when the thermometer shows sub-zeros readings and the soft-almost -invisible beads fall quietly from sky. I woke up in saturday morning just to look thru the window our house and neighbourhood is surrounded with a blanket of snow.
Just a couple of hrs later, kids can't stand being in front of telly, annoying me, begging me to let them go outside. They wanna hv fun with the snow ball fighting.
And today, it is still shivering cold, at -6C. Anyhow, life must gon on! Entering the kitchen with my thick jacket, tried to gave my best to prepare the breakfast. Since our kitchen is not equipped with fan extractor, I don't hv any other choice except to let out the smoke from my cooking thru the open window. Now you can imagine how dreadful I am being in the kitchen...with some kinda 'visible breath' out released from my mouth.!! Sejukk gilersss.
Today, the white blanket is still there. The freezing is still here. No improvement. Anyway, as this is the first snow fall aka the most awaiting moments including to the local ppl, the joy of excitement is still in the air. Belom lagi turun lebat, ni br ala2 manjer gitu.
Normally; due to the extreme weather, ppl are expected to easily get into flu or cold. Melayu ckp demam sejuk. It is normal and you will get nothing except Paracetamol if you to your GP. But the most scary part is, the flu would last long up to 1 month. Adoii..sakitkepala, berat kepala, no apetite, fatigue sampai nak wat keje even take a sleep pon x leh. That's winter flu. I once experinced it and I had it enuf, tak sanggup rs nya lg.
Last two weeks, I received a letter from GP asking me to come to get winter flu jab. By appointment, I will need to go for it tomorrow afternoon. This is the second time I got offer for a jab (suntikan). Previously it was for swine flu jab + winter flu jab.
The jab is offered to all those aged 65 and over, the groups considered at risk from flu, and who will be offered flu immunisation, are those suffering from a chronic heart or chest complaint, including asthma, chronic kidney disease, diabetes, lowered immunity due to disease or steroid medication or cancer treatment, people in places such as nursing homes where flu could spread quickly, and others with a serious medical condition.
From the statement, I definitely fall into the 'suffering from a chronic kidney, lowered immunity to desease or steroid medication or cancer treatment' group so that's the reason why I'm asked to do the jab. I am not sure if other countries also practise the same to protect these ppl in certain circumstances.
Last time when the swine flu was a hot topic all around the country, not only me who need to take the swine flu jab, but also the rest of the family and this works in accordance with the statement saying that the 'high-risk-person and also the family members' because swine flu is a contagious desease.
I hope after taking the jab, I wouldnt get into long-term-fever. or at least it would prevent me from any winter-related illness syndrom. tak larat mengalaminya.
During our final winter, I do hope to be able to running my life routine excellently as well as enjoying the snow ball fighting with my beloved kids.
Bye for, now. See you soon..very2 soon. take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment