Wednesday, 10 November 2010

2nd Bone x-ray: Done.

Salam to all

Just back form Metabolic Bone Centre, Northern General Hospital to do Bone Scan. This is just a procedure for I am a prolong steroid consumer.

Whislt entering the reception, I noticed many eyes kept staring at me.. Slowly taking a seat next to vandor machine, setteled and had my self a magazine with Twiggy on the cover. try to concenterate on my reading. Yeah...that strange look is not abnormal. I feel like a very young lady among them. Ye lah, yg lain tu around 60 and above. Tak heran la kan, this is Bone Scan Centre. Usually yg dtg sini yg dah menopause or elederly yg tulang nyer tak kuat n thinner. Tentu la diorg pelik sikit apahal lak ada 'bkn org tua' kat cni :DD

Bone Scan took about 20 min to complete. I was asked to change to proper clothe and remove any metal material from my body. The xray machine is classified as I and II radiation and there is a specific room for the operator when it start scanning. Laying down on the bed with special pillow, I was also asked gently to do certain positions in order to get quality radiogram on my specific parts of body. After about 20 minute, I was allowed to change back to my clothes and was told that the result will be sent to my consultant in 4 weeks. So, by the time I come for the renal appointment, we are ready to look at the result and discuss about this further if necessary.

For your information, this hospital also known as teaching hospital joining with Sheffield University Medical Department. This is the place where the young doctors having their practical course. It is sooo normal to me and the other patients to find another doctors in the room during the consultation. Here, they also have Institute of Kidney which I think is an advantage to the kidney failure patients. Of course it will help in the treatment and will definitely save time and cost.

Back home, feel abit regret..thinking that I suppposed to snap a pic of this place. The place where I did Bone Xray, which I had never been asked to do in my hometown. Anyway, I will insyaAllah come again in late November. and will do it.

That's all for now..See you soon, very2 soon. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment