Salam
Every single day is counted in. From the sunrise till it sets, I cherish all the moment. This is how I appreciate my days. Back home for good is just a long dream come true. Although it is more to a restart of a life, a lot of hassle here and there but it never been great than anything else.
Things are so different now. Last time it were me, the husbd and 3 lil kids. Their needs were much simple compared to now. I used to rise about 6.20am, got the todlers ready to nursery and then go to work....that was it!
Nowadays, I have no choise other than to set up my alarm at 5.40am to make sure every body get ready by the time it has to. Breakfast for 5 of adults need to be served on the table at least at 6.45am. Note, before that I have to serve them with clean and neat school uniform. ..and also including mine and his. Laundry need to be settle in between or while the breakfast meal is still on stove. Not to forget, while juggling with the tasks, my voice is all around the house with strict and firm intonation to let them know the clock is ticking...
''so please can you move on to the bathroom. ''
''ohhh! dont forget to take wudhu' . ''
''have your brother wake up? ''
''have you got your timetable ready?''
Yasmin, you will late if you keep watching telly..and blaa blaa blaa.''
I just smile when one of them respond, ''oh! mama, you had told us many billions time ok, i know what to do, im not a small kid anymore'' :))
My almost-4-yr experience in UK was like a training phase for me to pace this real life. Early in the morning i also need to prepare lunch meal for 4 of us, (yasmin stay at nursery till 5.30pm).
Today; I need to be excel at the morning tasks ;doing the households; cooking as well as getting ready the whole house and me myself to go to workplace.
The brothers finish their shool at 1.20pm. At the lunch hour we pick them up and have lunch at home. Thanks God it is just about 10min from our office to school. Sometime we unable to come in time so they know they need to wait at the mosque, just next to the school building. Sometime they finish their dzuhur prayer first.
My curiousity on the children safety while they are at school has blown away after we confirmed everything is perfectly in order. There is a school guard who look on these children while waiting for their parents or transport to go home during hometime. The mosque is the best place for them to stop by even allow them to have prayer while the parents are on the way.
Yasmin is doing very well. She likes the school uniform as well as the tudung. Usually she joins dad to send the bros to school at 7.15am and then straight away to her school at 7.30am which is 200m away from our house. I am so glad now i can hear she sings du'a or surah while at home. Things has changed a lot and the kids seem to adapt the new environment brilliantly.
I have to admit, both of us do work hard to make this going well. That has become my priority since long before we left England. I understand that the kids are so vulnerable yet active and quick learner, so, whatever my strategy is, it must go in line with their enthusiasm without hurting anyone. It is clearly not fair to see them making a thorough change in short time just to compete with their peers since my kids had been away abroad for almost 4 years! Of course we want them to 'excel' but we are not going to put a massive pressure on them. That is what a adopt from Western parenthood style,..never put your kids under pressure. Let them exploring this world with a lot of fun. I will try to accomodate the practise to them in this culture.
Dear my beloved virtual frens,
I want to share something with you. This is confession straight from my heart.
Every day when i reach my office, before start to continue my duty, I can feel serenity from the deepest of my heart. Sungguh lain macam, terasa ringan kepala setelah segala2 nya selesai dilaksanakan. Setiap hari seolah olah perasaan saya bagai mendapat hadiah, siapa yang memberinya??.. sudah tentu yang pasti datangnya daripada Allah. Saya tdk tahu apakah yg telah saya lakukan, yang saya tahu perbuatan saya sentiasa (insyallah) dilakukan dgn ikhlas dan sabar.
Till we meet again, see you soon..very very soon. take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment