Friday, 14 January 2011

Nasi Kerabu and Her.

Salam to all;


It's their hometime, i dont really usually log in to my blog when the house is full. Anyway, as long as everything is in order, I think nothing can stop my inner self determination to continue posting a few lines to all of you.


Today's topic will be my passion in cooking and all about foody. Ones can simply drive my appetite go hillarious with just simple rules. It should be sour and moderately spicy. I would love to have fish rather than meat or chicken. Seafood would be ok, but not in excess intake. Type of fish I m longing for at the moment is freshwater fish, which absolutely hardly found here. Soup is just tempting but curry or anything with coconut milk doesnt go well with my tummy. But anyway, I always good to any food, let it western or estern or med, I would like to have it.
Serve it at the right time when tummy is crumbling and the food is freshly cooked, nothing can't stop mouth from watering....


Yesterday I managed (with the help of a buddy) to prepare nasi kerabu. My love to nasi kerabu is actually just started since I came to the country which never offer this kinda of food in any single restaurant! In my childhood, I found it was a hard thing to finish this nasi which is covered with salads/herbs, eaten without any soup. How am I gonna to eat dry rice? In addition, it's served with 'budu' which is known has a very strong smell.... The thing that I always confronted to my self when ever I saw people enjoying their nasi kerabu. How they can finish it? Why people luv it?



But it was an oldies memory. Ive been improving my perception to this traditional dish. Furthermore, this is a damn hot famous dish among my friends. And I my self had already tasted quiet a few times of good nasi kerabu. It is actually tasty, delicious and unforgettable food I should had have admiring it long ago.





Nasi Kerabu


Lots of garnishing to go with nasi kerabu.

Together with nasi kerabu, I made a special dessert I havent taste since about 3 years ago. It was ABC or ice kacang (ice carving). Since it is very easy and cheap to get the ingredients, making ice kacang is sooo simple and I really enjoy it from the beginning.




Ais Kacang.




Cooking is not just a daily job to do, but in return it brings me into another world where I can do experimenting, trial and error and please myself to see the finish product/yield at the end. Whether it is what Im looking for or it turns out to be burnt black or uncooked food, it will always give me something. If the food is nice, I surely be very happy. If it is not, I keep dreaming of it on how to adjust the method, the ingredients and anything related.





Doing the cooking job accompanied by a close friend gives me different environment. It was just awesome! Like 'main masak masak' time :)



And finally everything is done and served on the table, we were promptly taken back to the good old days.

.... Long long time ago, whenever my late grandma came home from 'pasar' or 'bandar', there were few things she never forgot. A few types of food such as meehun for me and her other grandchildren and nasi kerabu for her. ....The nasi kerabu was a 'must-buy'.


....For my buddy, the ice kacang had left her in unforgetable memory of her late mother who once was an ice kacang seller.. Just to make sure that there were something to be served on the table to her children...




By the end of this month, it has been 2 years my late grandma left me. I wasnt there and didnt get the last chance to be with her. The memory is forever, and this cooking occasion has kept my thought to her even closer and closer. Only Allah knows how deep my love to her. Al Fatihah.




That's all for now. See you soon, very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment